Savour 2014

Sunday 30 March 2014

I haven't heard about Savour till last year when I saw people on my Instagram feed posting pictures of the event and all the pretty food with delicious ingredients. I vividly remember Jaan restaurant was one of the participants because H and I tried their 55 degree smoked organic egg on our anniversary dinner last year. I was naturally excited and told H we have to go for this year's!

We went for lunch and omgosh the sun was a killerrrrr.
It was an outdoor event and air-conditioned space was limited. 
In fact, it didn't feel any cooler when we were under a roof 
because there were too many people all seeking shelter from the sun.
We were lucky we managed to get to enjoy our food under an umbrella table.
No more outdoor lunches, go for dinner instead!


After walking around the area, we decided on our first round of dishes!
This was my favourite dish at Savour!
Kanpachi (Yellowtail) Truffle Soya
Absolutely delightful!!!

Ahh, this was by the infamous Chef Alvin Leung of Bo Innovation.
He raised to fame recently in Singapore because of Wok Stars 
so I was looking forward to trying his dishes and see if he lives up to the hype. 

Umami - black truffle, toro, rice noodle, vermicelli, dry shrimp powder
It was a disappointment.
 Nothing special about it nor was the truffle taste prominent.
The popular Molecular Xiao Long Bao was sold out when we were there 
so that might have fared better. *shrugs*

Slow Roasted Organic Lamb Short Ribs Crusted with Five Spices
I am not a fan of lamb because of the gamey smell and taste... 
But I willed myself to try a little of this from Saint Pierre.
The meat was well seasoned, peeled off easily from the bones, it was also soft and tender.
But I'm still not turning into a fan of lamb meat anytime soon.
I love the accompaniment too!

I cannot remember where this was from...pretty forgettable but smoked salmon is always welcomed!


Pork Crackles with Dijon Mash
from Stellar@1-ALTITUDE was bad.
The pathetic portion of vegetable at the side was yellowed, limpy and soft.
I think the roasted pork at your nearest coffee shop would taste better and it wouldn't cost $16.

I encouraged H to order the 72hr Miso Braised Short Rib, Kyoto Onion, Fresh Wasabi
from Mikuni because it seemed like such a popular choice that afternoon.

But he said it was only so-so.


We have matchy aviators! ^.^

Popped into Nespresso for some cooler air 
and we found out they were brewing free coffee for everyone!
I don't drink coffee usually 'cause it gives me a headache but I thought I'd try one with lower intensity!
Cannot remember what I chose but I had a mocha with lesser milk and more chocolate syrup hahaha.
AND IT TASTED GREAT!!!!
I don't think I'll mind if H buys a Nespresso machine for our future home.


And this was at the gourmet village.
I don't think people actually leave their seats haha.

And they were roasting a veal for the dinner service!

Conclusion?
Not too sure if I will go for Savour 2015 if there's gonna be one 
because I cannot enjoy food in this Singapore heat. 
Most of the dishes were average and it is not worth me paying so much for food that's forgettable. 
If I want to fine dine, I'd prefer paying more for the ambiance and air-con. 
Seriously.

So we'll see next year!
The line-up has to be pretty exciting for me to suffer under the sun again.


Okay! Now that we are done with virtual stuffing of food, 
here's my monotone outfit from Dorothy Perkins!
This season, midi skirts are the new minis, also the new sexy.
It is the perfect Style Essentials item from Dorothy Perkins!

I know a lot of girls love lace in blush or white as that's the epitome of dainty and romance.
But I love this sheer black lace sleeved top that is a little edgy yet keeps the feminine factor.

It goes purrrrfectly with my midi pencil skirt!
Ahhh, I love my black and white coordinates too much!

Shop at Dorothy Perkins and get 15% off minimum $80 spend.
Quote "JESSICA" at payment to enjoy this offer!

Enjoy your shopping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment