Safra Radio Sunday Brunch

Sunday 20 April 2014

Update // 22 Apr
I've updated with truckloads of clothes for sale at SHOPTIPPYTAPP!
You'll definitely find something you like!

-

Last Sunday, I dragged myself up at 8.30am for brunch with the Power98 FM and Jia 88.3 FM DJs at Cornerstone. I don't remember when was the last time I actually got up that early on a weekend. H, of course, felt relieved because he didn't have to wake up from his groggy state to send me to Bishan Park haha! I was chauffeured there in a limousine cab that was engraved with Power 98 and 88.3 FM logos. It looks like this:


I was 15 minutes late but the driver waited patiently for me under my block, thank you!!

You must be wondering why am I showing you a picture of the taxi. That's because YOU will be given a chance to go through the same brunch experience as I did! Read on to find out! :)

Jamie and Robin welcoming us


We were warmly welcomed by the DJs and my seating partner was Shiberty aka Jessica. It was so nice to finally meet her!

Ahhh I'm so sorry I couldn't show you guys the spread of food we had because everything was served bit by bit and I was... very... hungry... so I polished off whatever that was popped on my plate in a matter of seconds. BUT here's the dessert bar that was specially prepared for us!


Creme brûlée served on a layer of crust was pretty good!

In the background, that's the Earl Grey Chocolate Cake 
which was polished off very quickly because well, words spread around haha.

Thank you Cornerstone for hosting us and for the delicious bites!

Cornerstone is founded and owned by Chef KT Yeo (Executive Chef) and Chef Sam Tan (Executive Pastry Chef) who both have a common goal of having a restaurant that offers excellent signature dishes in both savoury and sweet. Restaurants that specialize in both areas are extremely rare, especially in Singapore.

Cornerstone offers fine dining, quality modern American cuisine in a very relaxed and casual atmosphere. When Chef KT came back (to Singapore) after 10 years of living in America, he envisioned a place where one does not need to dress up to enjoy fine dining quality food. At this set up, do away with jackets, pants, dresses and heels. Being situated in a park, customers can walk into Cornerstone in shorts, t-shirts and running shoes without feeling out of place. Parents with young children no longer have to be embarrassed or worry about their children running around the restaurant, making noises. It is a casual and happy place for children. There's even an outdoor kids play area! Being a pet friendly restaurant, dog owners can also bring their dogs over right after their walks.



That's Lina and Jia Ming and they host the 4-8pm 吃喝玩乐 180 show on 88.3FM. Both of them are very bubbly in persons and I assume it must be a great feeling to be living your dreams now. Being a DJ is actually their ambition since young, ahhh, wish I could one day be in the same shoes as them!


Who isn't familiar with Jamie Yeo?! Her daughter came along for brunch that morning - what a pretty little girl! Anyway, Jamie's co-hosts for the 6am-10am Power Breakfast show are Sonja and Jason. Join them each weekday over breakfast or in the car to work with a dose of current affairs as well as get to know what's trending and even get some freebies!

A couple of them were selected on stage for some an interactive game of Charades.
It was hilarious watching them acting out hahaha. 
Just imagine acting out "Giving birth"!

Seems like this is the only picture I have with the other bloggers oops :x

Now, here is the exciting part! YOU can get to experience the same treatment the other bloggers and I went through on 3rd May! Here's what you need to do - simply leave a comment in this blogpost with your

Name:
Email address:
Contact number:

and up to 5 winners will be chosen for an exclusive interactive brunch session with the Safra Radio DJs!

Leave a comment now for yummy food and a morning of fun! Good luck! :)

-

What I wore that day for brunch:


Skirt from Chaceylove

Knowing my love for bareback dresses, Chaceylove sent me one where you can tie the strings to your fancy!


In my favourite black of course ;)

Lastly, if you are looking for bridesmaid dresses, Chaceylove would be a great choice!
Love the convertible maxi dresses!!



Have a great week ahead guys! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment