DFW and BIFW 2014

Tuesday 25 November 2014

Before I start this post, I want to thank the DFW team and Nuffnang SG for choosing me to be one of the 24 Insiders for Digital Fashion Week Singapore and Bangkok International Fashion Week 2014. I am no fashion guru, I cannot name ten runway models at the top of my head, neither did I study fashion like some of the other insiders but I have an immense amount of love for clothes and bags, shoes and anything pretty and vain. So it is truly a privilege to be selected and be among some of the most inspiring and fun-loving fashion influencers around the world!


So I thought I'll share all (yes, all 'cause I'm diligent like that haha) of the outfits I wore for the runway shows as well as highlight some of the designers who caught my eye, featuring pieces I would totally wear!

Dress: Miss Selfridge
Shoes: Taobao
Bag: Chanel WOC

Playsuit: MDS
Jacket: VainGloriousYou
Shoes: Pedder Red
Bag: YSL

Top: Rouge (Indonesia)
Skirt: Taobao
Shoes: Taobao
Bag: Prada

Dress: Miss Selfridge
Shoes: Pedder Red
Bag: YSL

Dress: from Jakarta
Bangle: Taobao

Top: Topshop
Skirt: VainGloriousYou
Necklace: Taobao

Dress: Love, Bonito
Necklace: Dorothy Perkins

Playsuit: Miss Selfridge
Bag: Chanel Vintage

Dress: Pomelo
Shoes: Charles & Keith
Bag: Vintage 


Picture credits: Viilevent Photography/DFW

In Good Company
Very clean and simple designs but there are always a couple of unique details to make each piece different from your usual basics. And that cheeky boy model above stole the show! Haha

Picture credits: Viilevent Photography/DFW

Max Tan
Love the black and the use of heavier fabrics for some of the designs in this collection. The hot pink pieces were a stunner and I absolutely adore that colour block skirt!

Picture credits: here

Cristiano Burani
The Italian designer featured casual and laid-back pieces that make you want to scoot off to a beach resort with a huge sunhat!

Bangkok International Fashion Week (BIFW) was an eyeopener. Our eyes were treated to a feast as the runway was decorated to the nines for every. single. show. There's also a story for every collection showcased so the shows were awesome. Most of us were literally sitting on the edge of the bench trying to get as close as possible to the models haha. Here are my top 3 favourites!


Picture credits: here

Vatanika
The backdrop of male models was already a winner! The theme of this collection was "It's a men's world" so there were top hats, pinstripes mixed with lace... Vatanika stole the hearts of many of us in the audience - definitely a designer to look out for ;)

Picture credits: here

Rotsaniyom
I visited the store prior to the show and everything was so pretty! Lace, light and sheer fabrics, tulle, white and cream never looked better.


Picture credits: here

FLYNOW
This was the closing show for BIFW 2014 and can I please ask you to scroll back up and take a look at the set-up again? The runway was elaborated, very much like the pieces showcased. There was always something happening on the runway, the couture designs were just ... wow. A fantastic closing show for BIFW!


Now I'm excited for DFW 2015! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment