Making French Toast

Tuesday 5 November 2013

I honestly think cooking is much, much easier than baking and I enjoy cooking in the afternoons and especially when it's raining. I love the natural flavour of every ingredient and I try not to use seasoning unless it's really necessary. (I cannot eat overly salty food (I mean I can but I really hate to)).


Today I'll be sharing a reallyyyyy simple dish which is so easy to make, (almost idiot proof), french toast! It will make a quick breakfast/teatime option.

French Toast with Banana

Serves 1-2
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana (or strawberries/blueberries/etc)
- (unsalted) butter
- maple syrup (or kaya (Yakun's my fav!) or sugar or anything you fancy)

1. In a bowl, beat the eggs.
2. Soak the bread (triangle, square or rectangle) into the egg mixture.
3. Melt a piece of butter in the frying pan.
4. Put the soaked bread into pan, cook till bread is golden underneath (20~30 sec) then flip it over (low to medium heat).

Repeat till all bread and egg mixture are finished, and add more butter into the pan when necessary. French toast is a good idea for old, hard bread.



I garnished mine with a banana, sliced, and a generous amount of maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment