Maple Syrup

Wednesday 15 January 2014

The title has nothing to do with this post.
Just for your info that's all.
With that out of the way, let's carry on...haha.

A little about how H and my weekend usually goes:

The night before I go to bed, I will set the alarm at 10am (and I get scoffed at) 
so we can make it to wherever for eggs before they stop serving brunch at 3pm.

10am comes... H, who is in-charge of snoozing the alarm clock, 
will snooze and set new alarms at 10.30am and 11am.
He eventually crawls out of bed at 11am to do...whatever. 
I don't know, and I don't care.
Oh yes, before he leaves the bed, he will bug me to wake up... to no avail. 
And then he leaves me on bed, promising to come back in 5 minutes to pull me up.
...30 minutes later, he comes in to shake me awake or just keep yakking on to annoy me.
But I never surrender.
I raise my hand, in our language, means "5 more minutes PLEASE".
He leaves again and 15 minutes later, he will be back in bed with me hahahaha.

And then we sleep till 1pm where I will get up first and force him to open his eyes.
Usually he does.
Because his 5 more minutes doesn't work on me.
And I will start leashing out threats if he doesn't wake up immediately.
Hahahahaha!

And that's how we never make it to brunch at 3pm.

So I am always on the lookout for places that serve all-day brunch or brunch till at least 5pm.
Last weekend, we visited Kith Cafe located at Quayside Isle (Sentosa)!


I actually love this place.
It was exclusive with a pretty view.
Being at Quayside Isle also flourishes my imagination - how AWESOME it would be 
if I could own an apartment here.
An apartment is good enough for me really. 
Living in a house here is a bonus. 
Having a yacht parked just right outside would be like getting a 10-year bonus.


Blackstone eggs benedict!
OMG SO YUMS!
This dish was perfection.
The bacon was fried to extra crispy yet it wasn't crunchy. 
Just the way I like it! 
The hollandaise sauce was light enough to announce its presence 
without being too thick or taking over the entire dish.
I cannot decide if I like Riders' Cafe or this rendition of Blackstone Eggs more.

H had the mozzarella scrambled egg with smoked bratwurst and truffle with sourdough.
The sourdough was great (I love any kind of bread) and I love the sausage!
H didn't like his meal though. 
He said it tasted like Chinese style fried egg 
and it was too spicy for a breakfast dish.

I ordered the iced chocolate which was too diluted >:(
While H had the latte with extra shot - great coffee, he loved it.

It was kinda gloomy that day but yeah, this was what we were facing while seated outdoor.

There are many restaurants located at Quayside Isle but I'm not sure if I will be back again 
because firstly, we paid $7 ( </3 ) to enter Sentosa JUST to eat at Kith.
On top of that, we still had to pay for parking.
Say we are done with eating and want to go to the beach, that's parking x2.
</3 again.
EXPENSIVE.

So let me think about it.

-

Have you girls done your Lunar New Year shopping yet?
Don't fret if you haven't because I'm just about to introduce you to Love and Bravery
a one-stop e-commerce store where you can get any style and design of apparel you fancy!



I love mono colour clothes with clean cuts at the moment 
so the Lab Nerissa Offshoulder Dress was love at first sight for me.
I was pleasantly surprised when I wore the dress because not only was it of quality material, 
this dress in white wasn't the least bit sheer (black bra underneath) 
AND it was fully lined!




If you would like to wear something more traditional this year, 
you definitely wouldn't want to miss out on this modern cheongsam with lace.
It is demure, of appropriate colours and perfect for this occasion!

All my readers get 5% off total purchase when you shop at Love and Bravery!
Key in "tippytapp05" to claim your discount!
Valid till 31 January 2014.

You can also opt for self-collection at either of their retail shop at:
- Tampines One #03-03 
- Income@Raffles, 16 Collyer Quay #02-08A

If you prefer shopping at a brick and mortar store, new arrivals are stocked twice weekly!

Get your shopping fix at Love and Bravery today!
Be quick though, they sell out really fast ;)

Facebook | Instagram | Website


-


Lastly, I will be walking the runway at the launch of
Lady Gaga X FEMMEX Collection on 24th Jan (Friday) at Zouk!

Other bloggers walking with me include gorgeous Melissa Koh, the sweet-looking Erica (tig3rlilyx),
Noel Boyd, Miss Singapore Valerie Lim, Joanne Marie Sim and Fiona Loh!

Come join us at Zouk next Friday to see preview of the collection!
Be spontaneous, dress up as Lady Gaga and stand to win cash prizes!

I am giving away 3 pairs of tickets to the preview.
Leave a comment in this post if you would like to join us and I will pick 3 readers at random.
Winners will be announced next Tuesday (21 Jan) and you can pick up the tickets
at Nuffnang's office located at Farrer Park.

I hope to see you on the 24th! :)



1 comment:

  1. hi just wanted to tell you that i think you got the month mixed up. its still january! (:

    ReplyDelete