philosophy: the peel cabin

Thursday 3 July 2014

You are definitely no stranger to the skincare brand, philosophy, if you frequent Sephora. Everytime a product finishes and I am looking for a new product to try out, philosophy is one of the first brands that come to mind. 2 years ago, I used a couple of their products (see here) and here I am, 2 years later, still a loyal fan. :) If you are wondering why, well, simply because their products work for me.

Just a little skincare update, I am currently using philosophy's time in a bottle facial serum and purity made simple facial cleanser. What I love most about their products is that, they feel very light on the skin hence making them easily absorbed, and you will be able to see results quickly!

That's why philosophy is always a part of my skincare regime!

As you are reading now, they have opened their new flagship store in Singapore last month at Takashimaya S.C. Basement 2, right beside Pull & Bear! An entire store dedicated to their awesome skin care products, bath, body and fragrances, topped with knowledgable beauty advisors who are readily available to recommend the right products for your skin needs!




Not sure about you but I am loving all the girly pastel colours they used in the store ;p

The top five favourites that you and me love

Ranked #1 is philosophy's best-seller, the microdelivery peel. It resurfaces and rejuvenates sun-damaged, hyperpigmented and ageing skin.

This is where things get interesting... 
As we know, philosophy is the expert in peels, 
they decided to commemorate their flagship store with the introduction of the 
first ever exclusive "peel cabin" in Singapore
offering customers an opportunity to get up-close and personal with their peel products. 

I got first-hand experience at the store when I visited that day!


The brand has 2 different peels suited for different skin types - 
1. the microdelivery triple-acid brightening peel
2. the microdelivery in-home vitamin c peptide peel

After a short skin diagnosis with the skin expert, I was recommended to try out the second option,
which is their no. 1 bestseller!


Off I headed to the peel cabin which is located in the store!

A cosy area behind closed doors

Gonna start on my peel experience in the midst of shopping!

Very good lighting inside the peel cabin so here's another portrait haha

After removing my makeup, 
the beauty advisor, Fern, gave me a mini skin diagnosis 
before deciding on the peel products she will be using on my face.

As mentioned, my peel experience was done with
the microdelivery in-home vitamin c peptide peel
for immediate results of brighter and more radiant skin!

Since I am also past the age of 25, any product that aids in aging skin is a BIG YES for me.

Fern gently massaged the crystals on my face, avoiding the eye areas, 
then left the lactic/salicylic acid activating gel on my face for 3 minutes.

Whilst waiting for the activating gel to take effect, 
I even got a hand/arm massage with their famed amazing grace body emulsion!

Washed off the peel, applied full of promise serum for instant lifting and firming 
+ hope in a jar oil-free moisturiser with SPF 30 
and I was ready to go!

The picture above is of me barefaced right after the peel experience.
And all it took was 20 minutes for me to see the difference!


Expression looks terrible but skin saw an immediate difference. I felt refreshed, face was brightened, skin felt smooth and I was glowing a little. I didn't even reapply makeup after the session as I was feeling pretty confident! What a treat for my skin! :D

(By the way, hair was still in perfect condition because I requested not to have my hair pushed back too tightly (pet peeve!) so I don't look too bad after that.)

Worthy mention: 
I am very appreciative of the efforts Fern made to make me feel as comfortable as I could.
She made sure I was well covered up for 2 reasons:
1) I was kept warm 
2) My dress doesn't get dirty during the experience

Every step of the way, Fern never failed to inform me of the next step, 
the products she was using on me, 
as well as sought my opinion on which products I would prefer on my face.

Definitely the kind of professional beauty advisors I want to shop with! ;)


Would you like to feel and see for yourself the magic the peel experience brings? 
Want to get instantly brighter and radiant skin? 

You can!

Head on down to the philosophy flagship store located at Takashimaya S.C. basement 2 to understand more about the peel kit and have an actual peel experience to feel and see the magic!

p/s: Customers get to try out the exclusive peel experience when they spend a minimum purchase of $180 of philosophy products at the store. Find out more about their products here: http://www.philosophyskincare.sg

Quote "tippytapp" to receive an exclusive 5% off your purchasesand flash this post to redeem a 3pc skincare sample
(*Valid only at Takashimaya S.C. #B2-03a)

philosophy is also available at Bugis Junction #01-16, Tangs Orchard L1 and all Sephora outlets.

Like their Facebook here!

Just remember, 
"beauty lives inside of every woman"
-philosophy

No comments:

Post a Comment