Jakarta Jamming #2

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Continuing on my first post on Jakarta which happened approximately 3.5 months ago... I have more restaurants and cafes to recommend you guys who are heading over!

To me, Jakarta is all about the malls because we were a little hesitant about heading out on the streets... I mean we are 2 ladies wandering alone after all. A friend did bring us to this shopping area where the locals shop...and I cannot remember the name of the place because it's in Indonesian oops. Anyway, we did want to go sightseeing and visit landmarks but *ding ding ding* there's nothing interesting to see. Our local friends had nothing to recommend and I tried googling to no avail so... we went mall-touring hahaha.

The most popular (and huge) malls for everything you'll need are Plaza Indonesia, Plaza Senayan, Senayan City, Grand Indonesia, Pacific Place, Mall of Indonesia, and Pondok Indah 2. You can more or less find the same brands in each place but I guess some of us would travel for the food.

Lunch was at a local restaurant located at Level 4 (I think?) of Pacific Place. Food was nothing to rave about so you don't have to know what's the name of the restaurant (actually I forgot, not because I'm not willing to share okay hahaha).



Honeydew juice which was quite nice

#eggwasafailure but the fried rice was good.

Fatiha said her bowl of noodles was too dry
and the fish soup tasted odd.


Then we adjourned to Pannacotta Etc for iced coffees and panna cotta, of course.
They have a variety of interesting flavours but I'm not a fan so can't comment!


One thing I cannot comprehend is, WHY THE CHICKEN SO SMALL???
We had ayam penyet at food courts and restaurants, and the chicken was never enough to satisfy.
Or is it our Lucky Plaza ayam penyet too big??

Some deep-fried corn thingy which was yums!

Eh I've no idea what's the name of this restaurant or where is it located 
'cause our friend drove us there!
The samba was super spicy and shiok though!

Another pretty cafe *heart-eye emoticon*
Or rather, not just another pretty cafe because the food was awesome!

The Indonesians do serve pretty mean iced tea and this lychee tea 
from The Goods Cafe was beyond good!
This started my iced tea frenzy haha



I was so satisfied with my portobello burger!
The mayo was perfect with the big, fat, juicy portobello and don't get me started on the bread...
I could eat it on its own as there's a slight sweetness to it.
My meal was perfect :D

Everything we ordered tasted pretty good so this is one cafe worth a visit!
You can find The Goods Cafe at most of the major shopping malls I mentioned above ;)

Gunawarman Street is like a hip area with fancy standalone restaurants/cafes.
We spent the afternoon at Le Cafe Gourmand 
which is better known as the colourful ice-cream cones parlour. 



Famous for their desserts so I guess it was a bad choice to order their savoury dishes 
because their eggs benedict was a huge disappointment.

Save some stomach space for the sweets if you ever visit!


Pyjama pants kinda day


And the last restaurant we visited was highly recommended by our friend and now, me.
It's like a Indo-Western fusion restaurant?
Food was good and price was reasonable bordering on cheap.
We ordered a dinner set each which consists of a drink, an appetiser and a main course, 
and it was only S$10 per person!!

Please visit Mangia at Grand Indonesia Mall level 5.


Of course I ordered lychee iced tea again!

This corn fritter thingy (appetiser) and the sauce were so yummy

And my mushroom and mayo (appetiser) were so addictive

My bowl of spicy chicken with fried rice and some fried bits was so good also.
Very generous portions and we had difficulty finishing everything 
even though we wanted to because too yums.

And then one day after dinner, we went to queue for nitrogen gelato 
at Ron's Laboratory (Grand Indonesia Mall)! 
Cornflakes, nutella swirls and a syringe filled with strawberry syrup, I loved it!! 
The cornflakes gave a very nice crunch and it was just...perfect :D

Sorry I took so long to share about the food in Jakarta but I hope you guys have fun there!!
Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment